Thursday, November 4, 2010

Linux Total Commander alternative for Gnome found

One of the programs that I've never been able to replace, since I moved to Linux is Total Commander. The best alternative I have found is Krusader which is actually more powerful than Total Commander has ever been, but... I'm a Gnome fan-boy and having half of kde's libs around just for Krusader was just too much. My last Internet search for alternatives though was a success. I stumbled upon tux commander. The installation was a bit tricky since the ebuild was neither on the main portage tree nor on any overlay, but it did install and lo, there I was with Total Commander running on Linux.
So, if you're searching for a good TC alternative, I believe tuxcmd is the way to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Αυτό ήταν μερικά ενδιαφέροντα πράγματα εκεί. Ευχαριστούμε για την αποστολή αυτή.